We are pleased that you are interested in pursuing admission to Morganton Day School for your child. Admission to MDS is both accessible and competitive as enrollment is open throughout the year if a vacancy exists and the admissions criteria are met.
Students applying for the next academic year will be accepted on a rolling basis after March 31 as long as space is available. Returning students are given priority for re-enrollment until March 31.
- Inquire – call 828-437-6782 – to request an informational packet or to schedule a school visit.
- Tour Morganton Day School – This is an important step in the admissions process. This visit will include a tour of the campus and facilities and observation in the classrooms. There will also be opportunities to talk with the Head of School and Curriculum Coordinator.
- Submit an application for admission – The application is submitted with a $100.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Evaluation Forms and Transcripts – Confidential Teacher Recommendation forms need to be completed and returned to MDS. Additionally, completed Transcripts and Records need to be returned to MDS (applies only for applicants to grades 1-8).
- Class Visit – A classroom visit is recommended. Visits are scheduled through the office and are from 8:00 to 11:30. Students attend classes and are encouraged to participate in class discussion and activities.
- Acceptance and Enrollment – When the Admission file is complete with all forms, records, and recommendations, the Admission Committee reviews the file and makes admission recommendations. Once accepted, the enrollment agreement must be completed and deposit must be returned to Morganton Day School within two weeks. Students applying for the current year must return the signed agreement and deposit before the first day of enrollment.
Students interested in applying to MDS for classes that are currently full will be placed on a waiting list. Students may begin the admission process as space becomes available. Special consideration will be given to siblings of students currently attending the school and children of faculty and alumni.